MCP is an intensive training designed to equip executive staff, pastors, church workers, and mission leaders in the fine art of mentoring a church planter, domestic missionary, and/or missional leader. MCP is offered as a 2-day on-site seminar or a 10-session online gathering that is designed to fit the needs of the cohort.
What is it to be a Mentor?
A mentor can be defined as someone who has been where you want to go and is both motivated and willing to help you get there.
- Barnabas mentored Paul (Acts 9:26-30, 11:22-30)
- Barnabas mentored John Mark (Acts 15:36-39)
- Paul mentored Timothy (Acts 16:1-3)
- Paul mentored Titus (2 Corinthians 7:6)
- Priscilla and Aquilla mentored Apollos (Acts 18:1-3, 24-28)
In all of these relationships, the mentors came alongside the missionaries, pouring into them their faith, life-experiences, missionary expertise, encouragement and practical counsel. The mentors had been where the missionaries wanted to go and were both motivated and willing to help them get there.
This interactive training is designed to (1) Provide a clear VISION of what God wants to accomplish through you when mentoring church planters (2) Guide the mentor candidates in preparing a PLAN to fulfill that vision and (3) Facilitate the preparation of a MENTOR MAP (Mentor Action Plan) of ACTION PLAN STEPS to fulfill your plan for effective mentoring.
Some of the mentoring modules of this training include:
- Characteristics of a Model Mentor
- Mentoring: A More Excellent Way to Build the Temple
- Born to Reproduce Church Leaders
- Jesus: The Perfect Mentor
- Principles of Church Planting
- What a Church Planter Needs for Spiritual Success
- How to Recruit and Assess Church Planters
- MENTOR MAP Writing
- Mentor Skill Interactives in Triads
- 3D Approach to Leadership Development
- Building a Launch Team
- Four Phases of Church Planting
- Avoiding Church Planting Landmines
- Caring for your Planter in the Seasons of Church Planting
- Communicating Vision
- Building a Budget for the New Church
- Mentoring your Church Planter toward a Godly Family
- When your Church Planter Wants to Quit
- Effective Mentor / Planter Meetings
- Twenty Models for Church Planting