What is a Mission Coach?
A mission coach is a missional leader who:
- is effectively engaged in a coaching ministry,
- understands and has mastered the art of mission coaching, and
- has successfully met and fulfilled the established requirements of coach training from The 2:47 Network.
These requirements include:
- Intensive training in the art of coaching
- Effective and assessed coaching relationships
- Evaluative coaching feedback from coaching clients while in training
- Positive coaching capacity results measured through a Coaching Assessment
- Development and implementation of a Coaching Excellence Personal Development Plan
If you are serious about the mission of Jesus Christ (Missio Dei), then you will discover tremendous support, accelerated missional results and increased missional capacity by having your own mission coach. You are invited to contact The 2:47 Network to explore a coaches interest and availability in serving as your personal coach.
You are encouraged to explore synergy and negotiate fees directly with the Mission Coach of your choice.
A coach is someone who has been where you want to go . . . and is willing to help you get there. Like Barnabas in the New Testament, whose name means Son of Encouragement, the coach comes alongside mission field workers (church planters, missional pastors, missionaries, evangelists and church revitalization leaders) and bring to them encouragement, support (especially through prayer), mission strategy stimulation, action-planning for results, and Kingdom accountability. In simple terms, a coach is one who comes alongside a person or team in order to help them discover God’s agenda for their life and ministry, and then serving the Holy Spirit to see that agenda to become reality.